You know I love a list, I mean who doesn’t love a list? Writing a list makes you feel all organised and efficient, like yeah I am a woman who knows what she is doing in life because I have a list. Ticking things off the list is obviously the aim, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The first step towards world domination is just to write the list.
Now I’m very used to writing practical lists. Shopping lists, to do lists (dress children, dress self, feed children, if time then feed self…), blog posts to write, messes to clean etc. etc. You know how it works, you have loads of stuff to do, you write it down, you feel better about it. So I’m thinking, can making lists out of my problems help me in anyway? Maybe if I write down the things that I’m having trouble with in list form, I’ll be able to deal with them in bite sized chunks and the answers will magically appear to me?
9 Things I Wish My 2 Year Old Could Tell Me
- Do you really love your Daddy more than me? Or do you act as though your saviour has returned every day at 5.30pm just to make me look bad? Or is it as I suspect, that you know you’ve got him wrapped around your little finger?
- Does it really not bother you to just wee on the floor? You can use the potty, you’ve been in big girl pants for 6 months, you’ve been the worthy recipient of more potty star stickers than I can count. So why do you sometimes just decide to do it on the floor, and then act like it’s no big deal?
- Do you call me Mummy Pig as a compliment? Because I’m taking it as one.
- When you are stood at the top of the stairs jumping up and down wildly, does the thought of falling even cross your mind for a second? Do you have any concept of danger at all?
- Are you really wounded to the core when I don’t give you the pink/blue/green/orange/whatever is your favourite that minute cup, or do you just like to see me do things twice?
- Do you feel like you know the cast of Peter Rabbit better than you know your own family? Because I worry that you’re having too much screen time when all you talk about is Lily Bobtail, Benjamin Bunny and co.
- Is your outrage really because you want the toy, or is it more that you don’t want your sister to have it?
- Where did you learn those killer dance moves? Because it wasn’t from me and it certainly wasn’t from your dad.
- Do you ever feel full? You can’t honestly be hungry all of the time, but today as well as your usual meals, you had an apple, a plum, 2 bananas, a yoghurt, a carrot (like Peter rabbit), a peanut butter sandwich and some grapes.
Do you ever wish you could get inside the head of your toddler? What would you ask them if you could get a proper answer rather than just ‘A good rabbit never gives up! Peter rabbit loves carrots! Silly Mummy Pig!’?
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...