Here we are again for another happy list. I’ve been a bit frustrated recently about lack of time to blog, and again last night my blogging time got taken up by having to settle the kids (Greta took 2 hours to fall asleep!), so I’m writing this really quickly before Ernie and I head out for the day to the Baby and Toddler Show. Being a Mummy always comes first, so I’ll just have to deal with the fact that I’m a bit of a sporadic blogger at the moment, it wont be forever. I never want to wish these days away, but I’ll admit that sometimes I have a little fantasy about the future, where I drop them all at school and then skip home to spend the whole day with a giant mug of tea and the laptop. Is that a normal thing to fantasise about? Probably not… anyway, on with the list!
- On Tuesday I did something unprecedented, I left the house completely and utterly on my own. The kids were all asleep when I left (they didn’t stay that way for long though), and I skipped off for dinner with my friend, while Carl did a super job of holding down the fort at home. It was amazing. We chatted for two hours without anyone interrupting us, we ate hot food (I had churros for pudding, so yummy!), and I even had two spritzers. Best. Night. Ever.
- On Wednesday we popped off to Chessington World of Adventures for the day and just had the most fabulous time. There was so much to do we couldn’t possibly do everything in one day with three little ones in tow, but that just makes me want to go back again soon. Greta had her first go on a roller coaster (she giggled ‘oh it’s windy’ and copied the big girl in front by putting her arms up in the air), Mabel just loved everything and found it especially funny that we all got wet bottoms on the bubbleworks ride, and Ernie even got to go on his first gentle rides (not that he looked like he enjoyed them very much). The weather was beautiful and it was a brilliant day.
- I’ve had snap chat for a little while, but I wasn’t really sure what I was doing on it and I kept forgetting to use it. This week, I’ve really got into it and have been using it a lot, especially on our day out to Chessington. I think it’s a really quick and easy way to make like a mini vlog of your day and I’ve been downloading my story on special days so that I have those memories to keep. I don’t follow enough people though so if you’re on there I’m Lou7273 and if you find me I’ll add you back.
- Thursday we saw my sister and nephew and it was another lovely day so I took us all off on an adventure to find a new park that I’d heard of. Luckily we found it with no fuss and I’m so glad we did because there is a lovely pond with ducklings as well as a field and a brilliant park complete with big slide and sand pit. We are going to be spending a lot of time there over the summer I’m sure!
- Yesterday the girls went to Nanny and Grandad’s for the day and I spent the day sorting through the girls clothes, ironing and organizing. I know it doesn’t sound like much of a fun day, but I’m just so happy that all of the clothes are now neatly put away in draws and on hangers (I know, strange things make me happy). And its really nice to do things like that when the girls aren’t here so I don’t have to feel guilty about ignoring them to get it done. Now I just need to try and keep on top of it, so I don’t need to spend a whole day doing it again.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...