On my Facebook page last week I shared this post…
And I must have taken it pretty seriously because on Monday I decided that we need a holiday and we need it now and by Friday it was booked for this coming Monday! I am so exited! I think doing things last minute makes them even more fun because you don’t get a chance to think about the practicalities and the downsides, you just go for it and it all works itself out somehow. Yesterday I did a bit of a grumpy post about all the reasons I feel like we need some family time at the moment. So today in true Happy Days style, I am only focusing on the positives, starting with the main one….
- While I was trawling through the Internet looking for somewhere for us to escape to next week, I came across the Manor House Hotel. It looked perfect with everything we need to keep the kids happy (soft play – check! Swimming pool with slides – check!) as well as a few things for the adults (full board – check! Hydro spa – check!) And it’s in beautiful Devon, what more could you ask for? I was thrilled when they responded to my email and said that not only do they have space for us next week, but they had looked at my blog would love to work with us. So look out for a full review coming soon!
- I’ve taken my addiction to all things social media up a notch this week and added in snapchat to my ever growing list of apps to check every 10 minutes. Yes, my 16 year old sister had to show me how to use it, and yes, it makes me feel a bit old, but I just can’t go on feeling like I’m missing out on something by not being on it! The thing I don’t really get about snapchat is how I find people to follow and how people find me. So my snapcode is now on the side bar and my user name is lou7273 if you want to add me and I’ll add you back. If you don’t have snap chat then get down with the kids and download the app. Watch out snap chat, the mums are coming! I’m definitely going to be snap chatting all through our little holiday next week so get involved, it’ll be like you’re there with us.
- My poor Mummy has been very poorly this week bless her heart. She ended up in hospital on Tuesday night after a couple of days of intense pain and had her appendix removed on Wednesday morning which they found had completely ruptured. Now, I bet you’re wondering where I’m going with this since this is supposed to be a happy list…. Well the good news is, she is feeling much better now, and although she’s still in hospital till at least tomorrow, she’s definitely on the mend. Which is a lot better than the beginning of the week when we were all very worried about her and she basically thought she was dying.
- Did I mention that we are going on holiday next week? Yes? Ok moving on…
- I really enjoyed writing my messy play tips post this week, so I made all my messy play posts a little home and decided to call it ‘Good Clean Fun’. It’s all about have a blast doing messy play with the kids, but keeping it simple and hopefully keeping it fun for all involved. Head over and have a look if that’s your kind of thing! I was kind of hoping that some of you guys would join in and share your #OurGoodCleanFun photos with me, mostly on Instagram, because that’s my favourite, but anywhere you want really.
Right, I’m off to start packing the however many bags of crap a family of 5 need for 5 days away. I’m so relived we aren’t self catering this time so at least we don’t need to take the contents of our kitchen with us like we usually do. Still a lot of clothes will be required I’m sure. But first…. lists! Hurrah!
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...