This week has gone so quickly, I can’t believe it’s time to write another happy list already! Here’s everything that’s been making me happy this week
- I brought a 90p bunch of Daffs from Aldi on Monday and I’ve pretty much been smiling ever since. I love having flowers around in the house, and nothing quite says Spring is on the way like a jug full of cheerful yellow Daffodils. The sun has been making an appearance at the window lately too and it’s making me feel really optimistic and positive. Hopefully this is going to signal the end of the winter virus cycle of hell we’ve been trapped in since December.
- I absolutely loved the messy play activity that I did with Greta on Tuesday. It was so nice just to sit and watch her exploring and experimenting with it. I’m excited to plan our next activity so check back on Tuesday to see what we get up to.
- I also bought a pretty notebook when I was in Aldi and who doesn’t love beautiful stationary? I had a chance to sit down with a cup of tea and plan out some blog posts, which was lovely. What an exciting life I lead, where writing a list makes it into my top five moments of the week. I can’t help it, I just love a list!
- I’m using my camera a lot more since starting the blog and I’m really enjoying it. Out of a few hundred photos, I’ve even managed to get a couple in focus! I don’t know why but we’ve had this camera for over 5 years and I’ve never really worked out how to use it properly before. I’m trying to change that now though and find out how to improve my photography skills. I really enjoyed reading Char’s top photography tips over on Our Life as we see it and I’d love some links to any other posts with good photography tips for the complete amateur if anyone knows of any? I think we need a better lens for our camera but I’m pretty clueless about what I should be getting.
- On Friday morning I was going to take them to the park but I was so shattered after a bad night that I just couldn’t find the energy to get everyone dressed when I didn’t have to (bad mummy). So instead we stayed at home and had a pyjama day and I made a sort of den in the playroom with my wraps. Mabel especially loved playing in the den, until it fell down, which was just as well really because Ernie needed a nap and I didn’t have a wrap to put him in because they were all part of the den!
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...