Yay the weekend is here again! Hurray for family time and maybe even a time little bit of time off for me. Here’s all the things that have made me happy this week…
- Mabel doing a magic show for me and my sister which involved getting us to shut our eyes and then magically making a toy disappear (under the table). The funniest bit was her reaction the time that we opened our eyes and she realised that her assistant Greta hadn’t done her job properly and the toy was still where she had left it.
- Later on that evening Greta did her own magic show for Daddy in her little toddler way which really made us giggle… ‘Ladies and gentlemens! Abra Dadabra!’
- Mabel took some toys to the park and thought she’d lost one so she went around asking all the bigger kids who had just finished school if they’d seen it. It just made me smile bless her, she’s very confident when she knows her Mama is there as back up if she needs it!
- Greta looked really cute at the park in her dinosaur dress and sunglasses but she wouldn’t let me take a picture. Instead of the smiley one I’d planned I got a shot of an absolutely classic grumpy strop face peering through the back of the bench. You can’t help but laugh bless her, and I know I will want to remember her strops just as much as her smiles when she is all grown up.
- We had a go at using our new ice cream maker to make some frozen yoghurt which went down well with everyone. It was a really hot afternoon on Wednesday so we all went and sat in the garden after dinner to eat our ice cream, Carl was being silly with the girls throwing them in the air, it was a really lovely summer evening.
- Carl brought home some bags of sand and buckets and spades today so we can fill up our sandpit and his Mum and Dad are buying the kids a slide for the garden this weekend so it looks like we’re going to be all set for a summer of outside fun (and if I’m lucky he might even cut the grass).
- My littlest sister got herself a new job for when her apprenticeship ends! I’m so proud of her, she has come through so much in the last couple of years and is proving herself to be a determined and hard working young lady (as well as one of the funniest people I know). Well done Alice!
- We are off to Alton Towers on Wednesday next week so we have that to plan and look forward to. I do feel like we’ve only just recovered from Butlins and we are off again though so maybe not the best timing but it’s going to be so much fun (and exhausting I’m sure)
- On Thursday I thought instead of my usual day in 60 seconds video I’d have a go at more of a normal vlog type thing, you know where you talk to the camera and all that? Well the day turned out to be a bit of a disaster and I’m not too sure about the finished video. I don’t think I’m meant to be in front of the camera… I mean I could have helped myself and washed my hair and put some make up on… but this is real life! And to top it off, it was a day full of Mum fails, not my finest hour of parenting that’s for sure! I nearly didn’t upload it, but as I’d bothered to edit it then I thought I might as well, only a few people will watch it anyway! But anyway, if you do watch it then let me know what you think (apart from about my hair, I know it was a bad hair day!).
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...