All the happy moments from this week…
- Ernie has cut his first tooth! Yep we have a tooth, pretty exciting stuff! Only 19 more to go….
- A lot of Ernie cuddles! He’s been a full on clinger this week, because of the tooth that was trying to come through. If he can’t see me, he cries, if he can see me, he wants to be held, and if he’s touching me, he wants to be feeding. Some might say it’s pretty draining, but I’m trying to enjoy the extra cuddles (as much as I can).
- Greta walking downstairs on Tuesday morning with her potty chanting ‘wearing my potty, wearing my potty, wear it on my head, wear it on my head, wear it like my flower hat, wear it like my flower hat…’ I don’t know why she’s this crazy (she doesn’t get it from me), but she makes me giggle.
- Thanks to Mabel we have all been playing a week long game of Scooby Doo. Mabel is Fred (the leader, of course), Greta is Daphne, Carl is Shaggy (hehe), I’m Velma (obvs), and Ernie is Scooby. We have all had to refer to each other by these names all week and be on constant alert for monsters and mysteries to solve. It’s been quite fun to be honest.
- When I woke up after a bad night with Ernie and feeling really full of cold on Wednesday, Carl did the best thing that anyone could do in that situation and offered to work from home so that I could at least go back to bed for a little bit and try and make myself feel a bit more human. He can’t work from home every time I’m poorly, but on the days when I really don’t know how I’m going to get out of bed, let alone be in charge of three small humans all day, Carl offering to set up the laptop in the living room and keep a watchful eye over the latest antics of Fred and Daphne is like winning the mum world cup. I think I need to take some vitamins or something though because it’s really not convenient to keep getting colds every other week.
- On Thursday, feeling half way back to functional and not wanting to keep the girls cooped up inside any longer, we went on an adventure to find a new park to play in. We had to walk through a graveyard, which led to a few awkward questions from Mabel, but to be honest where we live now it’s just nice to have somewhere green with trees to walk. I feel like ‘had a nice walk through a graveyard’ is too weird to actually write though, so forget I said anything.
- Thursday was also the day that I decided to film little snippets of our day and make them into a 30 second video. I absolutely love how it turned out, and I’ll be honest, I keep watching it. I just love how short and snappy it is but it completely captures our day and I’ll always have that now to look back on. I’m thinking about trying to do one a week…. or at least one a month. What do you think, do you like it?
- Next week we are off to Butlins for a just for tots week and we are so excited! I did a tiny bit of online shopping for the little bits that we needed to take away with us, including the sweetest ever little all in one swim suit for Ernie that I have ever seen! I just can’t wait to get them all in the pool, the kids are going to have the most amazing time. I’m going to film a bit of a video over the weekend of what we’re packing for the kids so subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to see that when I upload it.
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...