I know I’m only like the 65000th person to say this, but how weird has the weather been this week? As well as the random hail, snow and rain, we’ve also all had colds and to be honest it’s been a bit of a rubbish week. But I’m going to gloss over that and try to find as many happy things as I possibly can….
- Ernie giggling like mad at Carl tickling his tummy.
- Seeing my Mum on Wednesday and getting her help with the kids for a day.
- Getting sent the new Clangers magazine to review before it was out in the shops and making a little video of the girls having fun with it.
- Being retweeted by the actual Clangers. Life goal achieved!
- Mabel being so proud of herself making sausage sandwiches for lunch with only a bit of help from me, and telling Carl ‘it was so yummy Daddy, you have to try it, I’m sorry you didn’t’.
- Mabel and Greta really enjoying the CBeebies adaption of A Midsummers nights dream, watching it every day since it was first aired and hearing them play as the fairies, calling each other Oberon and Titania.
- Being inspired by a YouTube video that Mabel was watching to set up some of her duplo play sets in a tray of water which both girls absolutely loved playing with.
- Managing to get through my first session of the 30 day shred DVD, even though Mabel was a bit critical of my performance ‘no Mummy not like that, you’re supposed to bend all the way down, maybe you should just stop’.
- Mabel saying about the Queen ‘wow, 90 is really old! I’m nearly 9, but I’m not nearly 90!’
- Greta asking for ‘cold toast’ and it turning out after a confusing conversation that she actually wanted a jam sandwich.
- Mabel and Greta accidentally breaking a toy and then having an argument over which one of them broke it….. You’ve got to laugh!
Join the fun
Get a weekly round-up and exclusive content from our home educating, slow living, everyday adventure seeking life...